Here's a tip for copying a database in SQL Server 2008 (maybe other versions) via the Copy Database wizard.
When I initially tried the wizard it failed with
Message: Access to the path 'E:DataMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVERMSSQLDATANEWDATABASENAME.mdf' is denied.
In this case the NETWORK SERVICE was not able to create the new MDF file. I had to do add this user with FULL CONTROL to the MSSQLDATA directory and the wizard ran with no complications.
- Navigate to data folder
- Right click -> Properties
- Click the Security tab
- Click the Edit button to change permissions
- Click the Add button to add a new group or user
- Search for "NETWORK SERVICE" and click Add
- Click the Full Control checkbox for the newly added user
In case you're trying to find the wizard, right click the database, pick tasks, then Copy Database.